Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy St. Lucia Day and The Poll is Closed!!

And the Poll says that you want more REVIEWS!!! So, Katie, GET REVIEWING! :)

Today is St. Lucia (AKA St. Lucy)'s feast day. In Sweden, The oldest girl in the family wakes up early to make the rest of the family coffee and St. Lucia Buns. Also known as Lucicata (sp?). Then the girl dresses up in a white robe and puts a wreath with candles in it and serves the Lucicata and coffee to her family. Every year, my family makes yummy Lucicata and one year, when I was younger, my mom and I woke up early so I could dress up than my mom jumped back into bed and I brought up coffee and Luciata to my parents. :) We have some polaroid pictures of me and my Kirsten American Girl Dressed up in the Swedish St. Lucia garb.

Here is a picture of Kirsten, the American Girl, dressed up as St. Lucia!


Later, I'll post my mommy's yummy recipe for Lucicata. They are SOOO yummy! :)

1 comment:

The Other Katie said...

Alright, alright! I don't have anything to review just now but I will when I finish reading The Four Loves. Look for it! Coming Soon.... haha