Friday, November 28, 2008

Interview with Rosemary

This is my very first interview! So if it isn't very good, blame it on inexperience. :)

I interviewed my friend and fellow booklover, Rosemary. My questions are in blue, her answers are in purple.

Hi Rosemary! Thanks for doing the interview! I haven't thought of many
questions so it'll be very random. Just bear with me here. :-D
So, who is your favorite author?


Hey Katie! Random sounds good to me! :)
My favorite author- that's really tough! I'll say Shannon Hale, because
I've
read almost every book she's written! Regina Doman is a close second.
(By the way, books is an awesome theme for this interview! Books are
basically my life. XD)


Regina Doman is great! I've never heard of Shannon Hale, what are a couple of things she's written?


GAH! You've never heard of Shannon Hale?! She ROCKS! She wrote The Goose
Girl, which is a retelling of a Grimm fairytale and the first book in a
totally awesome series (Enna Burning is my personal favorite from that
series)! She's also written Book of A Thousand Days (a retelling of a very
unknown fairy tale and set in Mongolia), Rapunzel's Revenge (a graphic
novel set in a fantastical wild west setting), and The Princess
Academy (which I, sadly, haven't read yet).


Forgive me for my ignorance! Her books sound great. I think I've heard
of a couple of them. I'll have to look her up.
So I know you've read Emma and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
What do you like about them?


A lot! I love the wittiness of Jane Austen's writing, and I love the
characters she made up! Elizabeth and Emma are both so realistic! And
Knightley, Darcy, and Bingley are all so sweet! And rich too. ;D


Yep, well that was important!
You probably know about the big controversy over which P&P movie is
better. Colin Firth or Matthew McFayden? Which movie interprets the
book/follows the plot line better? Etc, etc. What's your opinion on all
that?


Well, that's a tough one. I think that since the A&E (Colin Firth) version
is longer, it got to tell more of the story. But, the 2005 (Matthew
McFayden) version does a better job of showing Mr. Darcy's shyness, and it better shows the reasons why Charlotte Lucas married Mr. Collins. I think
the 2005 movie did a good job of telling the story, but got a bit too far
away from the book at times. For example, the second proposal scene, out in
the misty field? Sweet, but rather unrealistic. I think it was probably an
excuse to make another beautifully filmed scene. That movie is awesomely
filmed! The A&E version did a better job of showing Mr. Darcy's character
growth though. I think it's all really a matter of opinion. I prefer the
2005 version because it's soooooo pretty! And much shorter than the A&E
version. XD


I could go on and on about the differences between the movies, but the 1995
version is my fave, even though it takes FOREVER to watch, lol. And
Colin Firth is the best Mr. Darcy EVER. In my opinion. :)
So, have seen any of the film versions of Emma? If, so which one?


I've seen the Gwyneth Paltrow version, and I liked the parts with Emma and
Mr. Knightley together, but I felt like they changed the other characters a
bit too much. Mr. Elton wasn't handsome at all! =P


That's the one I've seen. It's so funny! And Emma and Knightley (isn't
his last name so perfect?) are so sweet. But I was really disappointed
by Mr. Elton. They could have cast him better. Mrs. Elton, however, was just right. XD
If a movie or a play was made about your life, who would you want to
play you? How about some of your friends?


Hmmm . . . Anna Paquin is probably the actress closest in looks to me. For
my friends, Anna Sophia Robb would be a good Emily, Maria would need to be
played by someone with long curly hair and blue eyes (Emmy Rossum with
contacts?), Dakota Fanning would make an okay Maria Grace, Miley Cyrus would be a good choice to play Denise (Because Denise is a big Hannah Montana
fan!), and Shailene Woodley would be a good Gabrielle!


Cool! What kind of movie would it be (comedy, musical, drama, etc.)?


A musical? That would be hilarious, because I can't sing AT ALL. XD It
would probably be a comedy, since nothing very dramatic has happened to me .
. . . . . yet. *Looks around nervously*


haha. What is your favorite thing about being a Catholic?


Always being right. XD No, really, I love knowing that Jesus founded the
Church, and that he still takes care of it, and he's not going to let us
mess up. I mean, we're the One True Church! :)


Yayeth! What's your favorite prayer?


The Anima Christi! :D


That's a great one. Who is your favorite saint and why?


St. Anthony, because he was such an awesome guy, and because he's the patron
saint of lost things, and I lose stuff a lot. XD He's going to be my
confirmation saint! :D


Anything else you want to say before I go post this on the blog?


If everyone read Jane Eyre the world would be a better place! That's it.
Thanks for interviewing me, Katie! :) *Hugs*


Thanks Rosemary!



[Note: Rosemary, if you're wondering, I edited some of the things I said to make them shorter. ;)]

5 comments:

R. A. said...

Yay! Thanks for interviewing me! :)

Apprentice Seamstress said...

I want to be interview by the KATIES AWESOMENESS

Rose Marchen said...

Neat interview!

Ditto to what Alianna C. said!

Apprentice Seamstress said...

exept my Anwsers would be almost exactly the same thing!

The Other Katie said...

Well then we'll interview you differently! :-D