Thursday, November 13, 2008

Interview with Nicki

Katie's questions are in red and Nicki's answers are in blue.



If a Broadway show was being made about your life, who would you want to star as you and why?



If only Kristin Chenoweth was younger! -le sigh- I love her. With the people who could still play teenagers, though... I'd have to go with Lauren Zakrin, the current Elle Woods understudy on the Legally Blonde tour. Not only does she have a powerful voice, but the girl has some spunk!





Out of all the books you've read, which ones have had the most impact on you? Why?



Well, Twilight seems to have taken over part of my life. ^^ For impact, however... probably Anne McCaffrey's DragonRiders of Pern series. I had always loved reading, but I had never picked up one of them until the seventh grade, and they were my dad's favorite series ever. (He died of leukemia when I was seven.) So when I finally found a box of them downstairs and started reading them, I found a connection to him that I hadn't had before, and I suddenly fell in love with dragons and other fantasy concepts.

If any book/movie could be made into a Broadway show, what would it be and what would the songs be called?

NOT TWILIGHT. ANYTHING BUT TWILIGHT. ^^ Sorry, rumors on Broadway Secrets made me spazz... although it is very music-oriented.I'd rather see more original Broadway musicals than a spin off, but if I had to choose... pssh, I can't think of any that would transition nicely besides perhaps Twilight, but I'd rather not see that overdone. (And I'd cast Oliver Tompsett as Edward. I love that man.)The songs? Oh dear... I don't know. XD I'm not very creative at songs and such; I'm a better writer than name-er

When you're not reading or blogging, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I admit it, I'm an iPod addict. I'm usually never without my iPod. I also like roleplaying, breathing, eating, and sleeping in my spare time, three of which are required for me to survive.I also seem to clean a lot. O_o

If you could have any accent, what kind would you have and why?

Oh, English, in a heartbeat. My mother would kill me if I had an Irish one (she hates Irish accents) and the Australian one just isn't as amazing as the English one. English = very awesome. :D

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

I love New York City. :] But if I had to pick an exotic location, it would probably be Tuscany, Italy, because that's my mother's dream place - and I'd bring her with me.

What inspires you to review the books and songs that you do?

If I don't let out my opinion on how I think about something, my friends and family tend to get half hour spiels about each thing. This lets me say what I want to say with people who actually want to hear it, and without annoying the shiznits out of some of my friends. Besides, it's fun.

What would you say "contributes" to your love of books?

My love of books is... my love of books. Good books feed into that, bad books take away from it, but I keep reading because I enjoy it. (It also doesn't help that, at school, I'm the go-to girl for book recommendations.)

If you could be any character in any book or movie (or Broadway show) who would you be and why?

Jacky Faber from the Bloody Jack - she's sooooooooo... amazing. She's funny and smart and witty and good with a sword, and she has guys at her beck and call. Even if I did get into the scrapes she did, it'd be fun! Or Elphaba from Wicked - she has her problems, but she's so interesting.If you could be any animal, what you you choose and why?Hmm. I love wolves - they're very free spirited and the essence of wildlife. Dolphins are fun and free. Of course, I'd like to fly, so there's always the hawk, beautiful and soaring to new heights. I also love horses, the essence of majestic...So I'd be a shapeshifter! ^^









Thank you, Nicki! :)

Nicki's blogs are BEAT for teens and WORD for teens. Now go check them out! :) She's the one that inspired me to review books. :D

No comments: